How you style, your sideboard depends on what room you install it in. If you install the sideboard in the living room, it can offer the perfect space to showcase your ceramics, artwork, books, indoor plants, and extra collected souvenirs. The sideboard is placed in the bedroom, and it can easily be used as a dressing table and for storing treasured personal items like jewelry, perfume, and photos. This article highlights several simple but elegant sideboard styling ideas that you can apply at home.
An Entertainment Center
A sideboard makes an excellent media center and is a perfect option, especially if you are always on the move. Even though we prefer to stream entertainment on media consoles and computers, sideboards can provide the perfect entertainment center. You can mount your television on top of your sideboard or on the wall above it to keep some creativity and flexibility in your room. You can create a feature of tech tools by storing them or showcasing them on top of the sideboard. You can also pile some cushions on the floor to give your room some unique cinema vibes. Alternatively, you can accustom your sideboard media center facing your sofa, and you can enjoy your favorite movie with family and friends!
A Gallery….or a Library
Bookshelves are not the only place where you can store your books. Alternatively, your walls are not the only spaces that you can place your art. Sideboards offer ample space to display your favorite pieces of art and your best collection of books. All you need is to put them on top of a stylish console and place them horizontally and vertically, depending on how you like to create a striking visual focal point. You can create a unique ‘pop-up’ gallery by propping up and layering your impressive artwork collection by rearranging them to suit your season or mood.
Select Your Color preferences
In case it is difficult for you to choose to buy décor that can match your room, try to purchase a new sideboard that corresponds with the hue inspiration in your room. You can select a sideboard design that will complement the atmosphere in your room to give it a relaxing and stylish feel. It is nice to choose a sideboard design and color to help you play around with your home-priced items.
Design trends for the coming winter are all about creating a haven where you’ll feel warm, safe, and comfortable. To do this, take inspiration from past decades such as the 70s, and spice them up with contemporary touches. Here are six design trends to start you off.
1. Winter colors
Neutral shades inspired by the brown of tree branches or the gray of stone, slate, and wood smoke are warm, calming, and designer chic. They never really go out of fashion and provide the perfect balance to showy splashes of deep navy or peacock blue. Add a few earthy or Christmas spice tones to provide depth and you have the perfect backdrop for seasonal decorations.
2. Warming textiles and texture
Textiles and texture are winning ways of adding depth and warmth to neutral color palettes. Think flannel bedsheets, cashmere throws on the sofa, or wicker baskets fall of logs waiting to be thrown on the fire. Knitted accessories are right up-to-date so choose cozy cable-knit blankets or even footstools with knitted covers that complement your color scheme. Underfoot, layer up rugs, or enjoy the feel of sheepskin.
3. Use nature
The glow of wood creates a feeling of warmth while being a brilliant natural insulator. If rustic wood floors are too extravagant, keep it simpler with artwork crafted from reclaimed wood or key pieces of wood, wicker, and cane furniture. Create a retro theme by dressing your wood or cane furniture in floral and geometric-printed fabrics or pick pretty bedding covered in woodland scenes.
4. The glow of metal and mirrors
The warming shine of metal is another hot trend. Metallic surfaces or copper and brass touches provide textural contrast while reflecting precious winter light around the room. Introduce this trend easily with gold-legged dining chairs matched to burnished gold tableware.
5. The fireplace
Whether you choose a traditional log burner or something sleekly modern, a fireplace is the warming heart of the room – somewhere to gather around on a cold winter’s night. Fire pits for the yard are also trending. Just add blankets and hot drinks.
6. Candles – a stylish finish
If your budget is limited, use candles to add a new and festive element. They maximize winter light while bringing in color. Display them in vases, as a table centerpiece or, pop a flamboyant candelabra in the fireplace.
Mid-century modern style furnishing was introduced into America by Bauhaus architects and designers from Germany. The furnishing was popular between the 1930s and 1960s, a period when people were transitioning into modern life after the Second World War. Although it existed many years ago, mid-century modern style furnishing has increasingly become popular in the current world. There are many reasons why people prefer mid-century modern style furniture in interior design today.
Why mid-century modern style furniture is popular in the current world
Some of the reasons why mid-century modern style furniture is popular include the following:
- Individual tastes and preferences- One of the main considerations in interior design is a person’s tastes and preference. Many people in the current world have a great liking for mid-century modern style furniture. A huge percentage of people who grew up during the mid-century modern era are attached to the designs and would want them incorporated in their houses due to familiarity.
- Simple yet elegant look- Mid-century modern style furniture were designed to make people move on from memories of the war. As a result, simple designs with clean lines were developed to serve the purpose of decluttering the living space. In the current world, people go for these designs to make smaller rooms look spacious and enhance air circulation.
- Quality of the furniture- When purchasing furniture, it is everyone’s desire to get value for their money. Designers in the mid-century modern era focused on delivering high quality products for the market. Some modern day designers deliver excellent standards of the furniture making it preferable as costs of repair and replacements are cut down.
- Diverse functionality- Conserving space is very important in interior design. One of the main reasons for the popularity of mid-century modern style furniture is the ability to save space. The furniture were designed to follow functionality and no part was just used as décor. This implies that one piece of furniture could be put to different uses depending on the owner’s needs.
There are many other reasons why mid-century modern style furniture is popular today. If you need to get these furniture for your interior design needs, you have to pay attention to a lot of factors. Tylko’s guide to mid-century modern style furniture gives details of how you can identify an authentic piece of mid-century modern style furniture in the current market.